The short answer is yes, however you have to take into account both the pros and cons of visiting Aquaria KLCC. Let’s review what is Aquaria KLCC all about.
The Aquaria KLCC is one of the best tourist attractions located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur and is one of the most exciting educational destinations for tourists in Malaysia, especially for families with children.
- You get to see an amazing showcase of 5,000 land bound and aquatic creature exhibits spread over a sprawling 60,000 square feet (5,600 m²) in two levels.
- You get to experience one of the best oceanariums in Southeast Asia, featuring the 90-metre (300 ft) underwater tunnel with sharks, stingrays, turtles and more.
- You get to touch aquatic creatures like the horseshoe crabs, starfish and corals at the Gene Pool corner at the Aquaria KLCC.
- You get to learn and observe how these aquatic creatures are being fed during the feeding sessions, including the Asian small-clawed otter, the largest freshwater fish Arapaima and the mighty Sand Tiger sharks.
- The cons of the Aquaria KLCC experience has been always related to its pricey entrance ticket price.
- An adult Aquaria KLCC ticket price costs RM49 for the locals and RM69 for the foreigners. This is considered pricey, as compared to other entrance-free destinations like Batu Caves and Botanical Garden in Kuala Lumpur.
Tips – Discounted Ticket Online
KLOOK offers 30% OFF Special Discounts for the Aquaria KLCC ticket if you purchase them online. For adult ticket, it is RM35 for locals and RM47 for the foreigners. For children, it is RM26 for local and RM37 for foreigners. Free entrance for infants 2 years old and below.
Reviews from the Internet
Worth it! A World Class Aquarium
Worth the time and effort to make a trip to the Aquaria. Just as good as any other world class aquarium centre. The children enjoyed themselves very much, getting all excited with the wide range of fishes available. Make sure to be there for feeding time, with the divers in the water doing their thing, the children were speechless and sat through until the end! Try to avoid public holidays as the crowd can be unpredictable, let’s just say lesser crowd, the more enjoyable you will be.
Worth it! One of the Best Aquarium in South East Asia
Really liked it. My husband and I already visited at least 4 aquarium across Southeast Asia and this was one of the best. We saw almost all feeding and it worth waiting. Especially feeding of otters. Thanks to Klook we saved money and time (no need to wait on cashier counter) and spent a great time.
Worth it! A Whole New Experience
Thank you Klook for the good service! We do not have to queue up once we reached there. Aquaria KlCC is worth to visit because there are many types of fishes and also sharks there. It was indeed a whole new experience to me as I never see so many different types of fishes in my life before. Overall the environment was good and you should pay a visit whenever you are free!
Not worth it
Small, busy and not very impressive. Could be nice for small kids, otherwise – avoid it. Felt bad for the animals, as they had small water tanks and nowhere to hide from the loud people everywhere. The only nice thing was queuing through the underwater tunnel, having fish over our heads. link
Not worth the Money Spent
You get nice fish, touch pool, fish feeding but the money spent on visiting this place is not worth.. not much to see in this… link
For 50 RM, not worth it…
There’s a lot of different exhibits, but not that great as a whole experience. they have a lot of info on saving sharks, but they only have 6 tiger sharks + 1 nurse shark. If you’re Indonesian or planning to go to Indonesia, I recommend you go to Sea World at Jakarta. it’s much better and only half the price aquaria charges. link
Pricey but worth it
We both love the sea and everything about it so, we decide to visit the place on our very 1st day in KL. We were so happy and excited. Even got to touch the fish. One thing I don’t like is that when we checking out, they show us the picture they took us during our trip. It was nice, they even did funny pts, but the price is unbelievable, 75RM for one photo?!?! I know ppl have to do business but this is too much… Anyway, we did enjoy the place and have our own good photos. link
/ 5. VOTES:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!